- Received bachelor’s degree in Economics & Statistics from UC Davis in 1985.
- Played 4 years at UC Davis and was named to the NCAC All-League team.
- Played semi professional soccer for The Bridge Grill in Connecticut in 1986.
- Received MBA from Harvard Business School in 1989.
- Started coaching U16, U17’s in 1994 for the Peninsula soccer club. Coached Peninsula Internationals.
- Started coaching in the Juventus club in 2006 and coached there until July of 2017.
- Coached Juventus ‘96/‘97 team to two state cup championships.
- Appointed to Head Coach Juventus’ first USSDA academy team in 2015.
- Hired as Juventus’ Coaching Director Boys 2015-2016
- Coached boys and girls teams at Woodside Priory 2008-2011.
- Currently coaching 2 teams at Alpine (Jaguars 2001/2002’s, Leopards 2001’s/2002’s)
Perez Scholar-Athlete Foundation:
In 2014, founded the Perez Scholar-Athlete Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to connect student-athletes to the best colleges for which they are academically eligible.
In 2000, founded the Cheetahs Soccer Academy and built a lighted, synthetic turf facility in Portola Valley to provide individual and small group training sessions.
- Hold UEFA, USSF, Goalkeeper, Fiorentina and Referee licenses.
- In 1987, attended two week licensing course in Bradbury, England.
- Attended coaching courses from the following professional programs:
Fiorentina Italy, Ajax Holland, Benfica Portugal, Dynamo Zargreb Croatia, Motherwell Scotland, Chivas de Guadalajara Mexico, PSV Eindhoven Holland.